Upon the recommendation of Governor Andy Beshear, Cloverport Independent School District will be closed beginning March 16th to combat the spread of the Novel Coronavirus (COVID-19). Students will tentatively return to school on Monday, March 30th. All extracurricular activities will be cancelled beginning Friday, March 13th until we return to school.
Below is a list of how each day will be utilized:
- Monday, March 16th: NTI Day #4
- Tuesday, March 17th: Make-Up Day (Thursday, May 14th)
- Wednesday, March 18th: NTI Day #5
- Thursday, March 19th: Make-Up Day (Friday, May 15th)
- Friday, March 20th: NTI Day #6
- Monday, March 23rd: NTI Day #7
- Tuesday, March 24th: Non-School Day (pending board approval)
- Wednesday, March 25th: NTI Day #8
- Thursday, March 26th: Non-School Day (pending board approval)
- Friday, March 27th: NTI Day #9
On NTI days, teachers will be available for assistance from 7:30 to 3:00. All work completed on paper is due upon our return to school. All work completed online is due by the start of the next NTI day (March 27th work is due upon returning to school). Students failing to complete work on time will receive a “0” – no exceptions, no excuses!
We intend to return to school on Monday, March 30th. However, we will reach a final decision based on the Governor’s advice closer to that time. The above plan will allow us to keep graduation on Friday, May 15th.
We will offer delivery of breakfast and lunch Monday through Friday of both weeks. Community drop off will be set up from 11:00 to 12:00 at Weatherholt Hills Apartments, Cloverdale Apartments, and the Cloverport Ballpark. All CISD students are welcome to pick up meals! If you are unable to be at one of those locations, please contact the school and we will make other arrangements for you.