If you are interested in volunteering at CISD, planning to take a field trip with your child's class, or participate in some activity at school, you are required to:
1. Have a background check done. Forms can be found in the front office or under the "Student/Parent" quick link. Please return the form in a sealed envelope with $51 to the front office. Or by clicking the Link below:
Volunteer Confidential Background Check
2. Complete Volunteer Orientation Training once your background check has come back. You must recieve at least an 80% or higher to pass. To begin, click on the link below. Be sure to click the link at the end of the training to take the test.
Volunteer Orientation Training
WELCOME TO Breckinridge County Community Education!
What is Community Education?
Kentucky community education professionals support their schools and communities by their active participation in the development and coordination of programs such as these:
Family and Community Involvement
Lifelong Learning Opportunities, e.g., Classes and Activities for Adults and Children
Student and Family Support
Adult Education (academic, job skills)
Extended School Services and Extended Day Programs
Family Resource/Youth Service Centers
School Volunteer Organizations
District-wide Communications and Public Relations
COMMUNITY EDUCATION’S BASIC COMPONENTS:
• Lifelong learning • Community & civic involvement • Volunteers
• Collaboration • Advisory council development • P-12 support
• Efficient use of resources (physical, financial & human)
"The real heart of community education is the coming together of people to create safer, kinder communities, where everyone has the opportunity to learn and grow."
Current Ongoing Classes:
JOIN US and BRING A FRIEND!!
***If you have an idea for an enrichment course or are interested in leading a course, please contact us.***
301 Poplar Street / P.O. Box 37 Cloverport, KY 40111
Phone: (270) 788-3388 ext.121
Hours: Monday-Friday 7:30am-3:00pm*
*Office hours may vary to accomodate programs and activities.